As a result of our state-of-the-art marketing system and expanded team, Restaurant Realty has closed more deals in 2019 than any prior year in our 23-year history.
This past year we have closed deals in the following 47 cities:
16 Southern California Cities:
Laguna Niguel, Los Angeles (7 deals), Pasadena (2), Long Beach (2), Santa Barbara, Lake Elsinore, Encino, Rancho Santa Margarita, Yorba Linda, Santa Monica, Riverside, Cypress, West Covina, San Diego, Marina Del Rey, Gardena
31 Northern California Cities:
San Francisco (16 deals), Santa Cruz, Redding (2), Fort Bragg, Oakland (3), Concord (2), Livermore, Berkeley (3), Sacramento (2), Nevada City, Truckee, San Anselmo, Walnut Creek, Brentwood, Albany, Placerville, Lake Tahoe, South Lake Tahoe, Shasta, Red Bluff, Orinda, Redwood City (3), Campbell, Fairfield, Sunnyvale, Arnold, Greenbrae, Guerneville, Clayton, Gilroy, Los Gatos
We sold 3 small scale chains:
- Saffron – a 3-unit upscale Indian fast food chain in downtown Los Angeles,
- Stack’s – a 2-unit high volume breakfast & Lunch business in Silicon Valley in Campbell and Redwood City, and,
- Elephant Sushi – a 3-unit sushi business with 2 units in San Francisco and 1 unit in Oakland.
We additionally sold 4 businesses including the real estate:
- Purple Rose Restaurant & Bar in Fort Bragg,
- Sweetie Pies in Placerville,
- Snow Show Brewing Company in Arnold, and,
- Kountry Folks Home Style Restaurant in Riverside.
RESTAURANT REALTY’S EXPANDED TEAM
In the past eighteen months, we added 10 new agents and brokers throughout the state. This has given us the ability to more effectively service the state. Our new agents and brokers have either owned, managed and/or worked in restaurants and most have had either residential and/or commercial real estate sales experience. This past experience enables them to more effectively interact with restaurant owners as they have empathy in understanding the challenges of running a business in today’s very challenging environment. Additionally, we added a new staff person titled Buyer Coordinator who backs up our Buyer Manager to more effectively screen buyers and get them the requested listing information once it is determined that they are operationally and financially qualified. Our team of agents and brokers collectively have over 320 years of real estate experience.
RESTAURANT REALTY’S CUTTING-EDGE MARKETING PROGRAM
We have implemented the following new marketing tactics this past year:
- RRC VIDEO – Please visit our newly launched YouTube Channel to see our new RRC Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vcIrk-v6JA which highlights founder Steve Zimmerman and our staff regarding the exceptional service and support we provide our clients as well as testimonials from recent past clients. This video appears on our website, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- NEW WEBINAR – We added a new webinar to our webinar library in June 2019 titled Use of Restaurant Sales in Selling Other Types of Businesses which can be viewed at the following link: https://www.restaurantrealty.com/webinars/
- NEW PODCAST – We just completed our first podcast on The Principles of Buying and Selling Restaurants which can be viewed at our website.
We have continued the following marketing programs which have proven to generate successful results.
- E-NEWSLETTERS SENT WEEKLY TO OVER 60,000 BUYERS – Every other week we send out an e-newsletter with our new, price reduced and featured listings throughout the state and the weeks in between we send out another e-newsletter which features some listings, discusses a recent done deal, features a new agent and/or other noteworthy event at RRC. We have a high Open Rate and Click Rate supporting our successful marketing mix.
- RESTAURANT RAP AND RESTAURATEUR OF THE QUARTER IS PUBLISHED QUARTERLY – We publish Restaurant Rap, our quarterly newsletter, which discusses important items relative to buying and selling restaurants, bars, clubs and related commercial buildings. Please see the following link which showcases our close to 100 Restaurant Rap articles. https://www.restaurantrealty.com/restaurant-rap/In conjunction with this we feature a Restaurateur of the Quarter who is a prominent client that we have worked with that has been either a buyer or seller on a completed transaction. Please see the following link which showcases our over 75 Restaurateurs of the Quarter.
- PARTICIPATION IN CONFERENCES AS SPONSORS AND/OR EXHIBITORS – We participate as a sponsor, exhibitor and speaker at the Golden Gate Restaurant Association Conference in San Francisco and as an exhibitor at the Western Regional Foodservice Conference at the Los Angeles Convention Center (in 2020 it will be at the Anaheim Convention Center where we will be participating as an exhibitor again). Additionally, Steve Zimmerman, the company’s owner and principal broker teaches courses and conducts workshops at the California Association of Business Broker events as well as teaches the Restaurant Sales, Valuation and Lease Analysis course at the International Association of Business Broker events as well as conducts workshops at the above events.
- TARGETED EMAIL MARKETING CAMPAIGNS – We send out when a listing is not getting enough activity a targeted e-newsletter to a customized data base we prepare from our general data base to match specific buyers and sellers in our data base with the criteria of the particular business we’re marketing.
- RESTAURANTREALTY.COM – We are continually upgrading our website to make it easier for sellers and buyer to maneuver on the site. As well, we constantly are updating and curating content to make our site more engaging and interesting to encourage users to come use the site more often. You can easily find us on all major search engines including Google, Bing, Yahoo and more. Lastly, we make a major financial commitment to maintain top positions on these major search engines so buyers can easily be directed to our listings.
- INTERNET MARKETING– Our clients business profiles are listed on 12 partner platforms for businesses and real estate for sale, including:
- BizBuySell – https://www.bizbuysell.com/business-broker/steven-d-zimmerman-cbb-mandami-cbi-fibba/restaurant-realty-company/422/
- BizBen – https://www.bizben.com/business-brokers/steve-zimmerman-restaurant-realty-company-20029.php?limit=20&offset=200&orderBy=
- BizQuest – https://www.bizquest.com/business-broker/restaurant-realty-company/steven-d-zimmerman-cbb-mandami-cbi-fibba/BW1369/
- Restaurants For Sale Online – https://www.restaurants-for-sale.com/
- BusinessesForSale – https://us.businessesforsale.com/
- Business For Sale Exchange – https://www.businessforsaleexchange.com/
- BusinessMart – https://BusinessMart.com
- BuyBusiness – https://www.buybusiness.com/
- BusinessBroker – https://www.businessbroker.net/
- GlobalBX – http://www.globalbx.com/
- LoopNet loop https://www.loopnet.com/
- Business For Sale Network- https://usa.businessforsale.com/
- SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING– Being active in the social media world is very important in today’s business transaction environment. It is a vital business networking tool when marketing businesses. Over 11,000 restauranteurs have connected with us on LinkedIn. With over 11,000 fans on Facebook and countless followers on Instagram, Twitter and now YouTube, and active Pay-Per-Click advertising campaigns reaching hundreds of thousands of interested buyers, we offer a solid digital marketing campaign to compliment the sale of restaurants, bars, clubs and related commercial buildings.
- SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION (SEO)– Restaurant Realty invests heavily in both onsite website optimization and off-site search engine optimization ensuring that both active listings, our services and brand are front and center for potential buyers (and sellers). We believe that good SEO helps bring buyers organically to our website and has greatly helped support Restaurant Realty being a strong market leader. The backend of our website has a robust SEO engine assisting the promotion and sales our listings and promoting our articles, news and thought leadership.
- SPECIALIZED MARKETING– We frequently develop specialized marketing campaigns which allow us to contact potential buyers online, via social media, via print media, direct mail, email and phone. At times we do specialized mailings to potential buyers throughout California, targeted direct email campaigns and advertise in niche market publications.